Rachel is a beautiful, stylish working mum of two little boys (Max and Leo). She has an amazing Instagram account where she gives us some wonderful tips and tricks with make-up and beauty products. I had the opportunity to ask her some questions.
Hey Rachel welcome to The Mummy Code, tell us a little bit about yourself and your family.
- What do you enjoy most about being a mum? Watching your children grow and adapt their own little personalities. I find it fascinating how much they learn and just how individual they actually are. I also can’t go past their cuddles and smooches! THE BEST!
- What do you find the hardest? I can be quite impatient at times, so trying to keep calm when they are pressing my buttons is probably what I find the hardest.
- How do you balance work and mum life? I don’t know to be honest! I think it probably helps that I am super organised and like order. I actually love the balance of my career and being a mum. I get great satisfaction from the both and I wouldn’t change it. I also hope it sets a great example for my children that women can be mums, but can also have a successful career, and on the same token, dads can also have their careers but parenting and housework is a shared responsibility.
- What are you three makeup or beauty products that you can’t live without? Haha! Just 3? OK here they: 1. Fake tan. 2. Lash extensions. 3. Concealer.
- Tanning hints or tips? Exfoliate really well the day before tanning, and use cetaphil lotion every day to stop it from cracking or fading.
- Who is your style icon? Hard one but probably Jessica Alba. She is effortless chic, down to earth, gorgeous on the inside also and a career woman as well as being a mum.
- What is your favourite way to spend time as a family? We have absolutely been loving the pool lately. The boys are at a really good age to enjoy it and they have an absolute ball. Watching them laugh and play all day long is priceless.
Thank you for answering my questions.